Sunday 21 December 2014

Craft for the Craic - Favourite Christmas colour

Hello there :)
Its been a while since I last blogged - but I had so many things happening that my crafting time was very limited, suffice to say I was having fun and I might blog about it at a later stage but for now -  I'm back

Over at Craft for the Craic this months challenge is 'favourite Christmas colour' This year I settled mainly on a blue and white theme with a little bit of sparkle thrown in. I think its safe to post this now as the majority of the cards should have been delivered by now  
 I used a combination die-cuts, acetate, stamps, watercolour paper, colouring pencils, glitter pens and self adhesive glitter film. Once all the tools were assembled,  I divided up the tasks- die- cutiing and stamping one evening, Cutting out and colouring a 2nd evening and then assembling on the third evening. Here's the finished article
 I used a 'grass' diecut for the icicles - used both the intended cut and also the waste pieces, on some of the cards I used the glitter film, other i used just plain white card stock.
 For the large snowflake - I used a die-cut, cut it twice and creted 2 semi-circles that were joined using double sided tape. To finish it off I added a single snowflake and topped it with a gem. On some of the cards I coloured the tips of the flakes with a blue pan pastel.

The angel image - I loved this, Stamped on water colour paper, coloured using a combination of pencils, glitter-pens and I finished off the wings with the glitter film

The reallly sweet thing about this stamp was the fact that she had a front and back - twice the effort but an unexpected surprise for the receipient - so that made it the extar effort  worthwhile. Once all the bits have been prepared - they were glued onto the acetate and attached to dark blue card.

As always thank you for dropping by, I hope you like what you see.All that remains for me to do is to wish each of you  a very Happy Christmas and peaceful new year.
See you 2015
Pixie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog, Please feel free to leave your comments as they are always appreciated ...especially the nice ones :)